Monday, August 2, 2010

Mangia!

My 30-Day Challenge: Cook four dinners per week.

Yeah, “learn how to play my guitar,” got the most votes but Emily, whose vote counts a bit more than most of you readers, said that that was her least favorite choice. So instead I’ll go with No. 2, the cooking one. This should be interesting…

I got started tonight. My first meal: Meatball Subs.

(Made with love.)

I used this meatball recipe, this marinara sauce recipe, slopped that onto a bun, and added copious amounts of mozzarella and romano cheese.

It was gooooood.


Emily’s review: “Well, he might have bought more fresh parsley than Mario Batali uses in a year, but I was very happy with this first attempt. I was spooning the sauce from the pan after. Not sure I’ve had a sauce this good in a while. Not sure I’ve seen a cuter cook, either.”

The plan is to cook four meals a week for August (4 and ½ weeks = 18 dinners). I told Emily she can pick whatever she wants once a week.

I won’t be posting every meal here (that would probably be obnoxious), but I may highlight any major success stories or failures. I’ll recap at the end of the month.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. That looks pretty good... but a.) can you keep it up? and b.) won't you run out of things to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it'd be obnoxious to post all your meals... I think it would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Tell this to Jesse.

    Jk...totes love my husband and his lack of cooking skill. Yeah, totes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this challenge!!!!!

    Maybe you should also try something completely new and unknown once a week? Like some vegetarian entrees or ethnic dishes?!?!

    I hope you blog more about it- I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete