Monday, June 15, 2009

Listapalooza

The Best Man recently did a two-part series of Top Five lists… dubbed “Listapalooza” (read Part One, Part Two). Since I subscribe to the notion that creativity is great, but plagiarism is faster, here we are… my own Listapalooza:

Pet Peeves
5. 99% of all Facebook applications.
4. Drivers with dogs in their laps.
3. Cubicle neighbors who are loud eaters.
2. When people say “I could care less.” It’s couldn’t!
1. People who clap at movie theatres.

Most Anticipated Season Premiers
5. Lost – If only because I’m ready for this show to end.
4. 30 Rock – See below.
3. The Office – Thursday night just isn’t the same.
2. Mad Men – Betty is pregnant. What’s become of Sterling Cooper?
1. Friday Night Lights – Coach Taylor at East Dillon?

Favorite Classic Rock Songs
5. Billy Joel – Only the Good Die Young
4. The Doors – Light My Fire
3. The Who – Baba O’Riley
2. Led Zeppelin – Stairway to Heaven
1. The Who – Won’t Get Fooled Again

Favorite Bob Dylan Songs
5. Forever Young
4. The Times They Are a-Changin’
3. It Ain’t Me, Babe
2. Like a Rolling Stone
1. Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right

Favorite Beatles Songs
5. All My Loving
4. In My Life
3. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
2. Twist and Shout
1. Two of Us

Embarrassing Songs on My iPod
5. Rick Dees & His Cast of Idiots – Disco Duck
4. Tiffany – I Think We’re Alone Now
3. Sheryl Crow – Soak Up the Sun
2. Bette Midler – The Rose
1. The Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge

Favorite Songs You May Not Know
Or maybe you do know them… I don’t care.
5. Joshua Radin – Only You (Our Wedding Song)
4. Sugar – If I Can’t Change Your Mind
3. Colin Hay – I Just Don’t Think I’ll Ever Get Over You
2. Yeti – Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder
1. The Jayhawks – Big Star

People with Whom I’d Love to Have Lunch
5. Lance Armstrong
4. Don Zimmer
3. Barack Obama
2. Bob Dylan
1. Ricky Gervais/Stephen Merchant

Best/Most Popular Movies I’ve Never Seen
5. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
4. Titanic
3. Psycho
2. Citizen Kane
1. Casablanca

Favorite Non-Sports Video Games
5. Super Mario Brothers 3
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
3. Mega Man 3
2. Punch Out!
1. Area 51 – Arcade game.

Best Trips I’ve Ever Taken
5. Christmas in South Carolina 2009
4. Myrtle Beach – Age 13
3. Block Island Weekend 2005
2. The Sears, Hosseini, Schaible European Adventure
1. My Honeymoon – 40 days until departure

And finally, in response to Emily’s recent post

Celebrity Crushes
(bonus) Kelly Ripa
5. Alyson Hannigan
4. Christina Hendricks
3. Scarlett Johansson
2. Minka Kelly
1. January Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment