Saturday, May 2, 2009

Game Seven Baby!!!

Has the Chicago-Boston matchup been the best postseason series ever? I don’t know. It’s the best I’ve seen.

What I do know, is in a few hours (plus overtimes?) it will be over. This epic marathon/heavyweight bout (and hopefully Joakim Noah) will be put to rest. And the best part? I’ll be there!

A friend from my Boston Globe days, and a season ticket holder, got me a seat. Regardless of the outcome, I’ll be forever indebted to this great man.

If Rajon Rondo drops a quadruple-double, I’ll be there.

If Ray Allen nets a buzzer-beating trey in the seventh overtime, I’ll be there.

If Kendrick Perkins introduces his elbow to Brad Miller’s douchebag face, I’ll be there.

And if Paul “The Truth” Pierce guzzles a Red Bull and shakes off exhaustion for 40 points, I’ll be there.

I’m geeked out for this. After six games, seven overtimes, heroes, villains and flagrant fouls, what’s tonight got in store for us? I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment