Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Because Everyone Likes Lists

This is how the Top 25 Most Played list on iTunes looks right now. This is by no means an all-time compilation; I’ve only had my work computer for a little over a year.

If you’re so inclined, feel free to leave hate messages or question my mental state.

1. Arctic Monkeys – When The Sun Goes Down
I love the Arctic Monkeys… and they have an album coming out this year!
2. Beck – Lost Cause
Such a great song, it’s on my Top 3 most frequently played playlists.
3. The Killers – Spaceman
This Saturday, Mohegan Sun, The Killers… I’ll be there.
4. Matt Costa – Mr. Pitiful
A few weeks ago, I was playing this on a loop. Couldn’t get past it.
5. Coldplay + Jay-Z – Lost+
Actually surprised this one is so high on the list.
6. Akon – Right Now (Na Na Na)
No surprise here… it’s regular feature track during the Werschaible’s nightly dance parties.
7. Akon, Lil Wayne & Young Jeezy – I’m So Paid
Had a bit of an Akon kick a few weeks back.
8. Johnny Cash – Hurt
A Classic. Genuinely heartbreaking.
9. Vampire Weekend – Oxford Comma
Among my favorite songs of 2008.
10. The Coral – Dreaming Of You
Love the baseline. It picks me up.
11. The Killers – A Dustland Fairytale
I’m really hoping they play this on Saturday. They seem to be playing it at half their concerts.
12. Flo Rida – Right Round
Good song to listen to at the gym.
13. The Killers – When You Were Young
Would definitely be higher on the list if my listening history went back more than a year.
14. Colin Hay – I Just Don’t Think I’ll Ever Get Over You
Great song… in the vein of Cash’s Hurt, though obviously not that good.
15. Bob Dylan – Forever Young
This song has been made into a children’s book… when the time comes, I’ll buy it.
16. Bon Iver – Skinny Love
If you’re not listening to Bon Iver/Justin Vernon, you’re an idiot.
17. The Velvet Underground – Pale Blue Eyes
Love the Velvet Underground’s soft stuff (this, Sunday Morning & Perfect Day).
18. Kanye West – Good Life
Another great song for the gym.
19. Belle & Sebastian – Another Sunny Day
Rapidly climbing… I’m probably listening to this daily.
20. Bill Withers – Ain’t No Sunshine
Again, would be much higher on the all-time list. Bill Withers is the man.
21. The Cure – Friday I’m In Love
Sing song fun! I rarely dawn my Robert Smith eye shadow and brood.
22. The Doors – Light My Fire
The Doors = another recent phase. The only person cooler than Jim Morrison? Val Kilmer.
23. Sugar – If I Can’t Change Your Mind
A single in 1992, I “discovered” it 15 years later.
24. Thom Yorke – After the Gold Rush (Live)
Fantastic cover. Neil Young’s music, minus his somewhat suspect voice.
25. Joshua Radin – Only You
Our wedding song. It squeaks into the Top 25.

1 comment:

  1. Not that this matters, but I can play "Another Sunny Day" on my guitar. But I don't think I'm going to play it to you, though.

    ReplyDelete