Friday, April 17, 2009

Catching Up On Lost Time

It’s been awhile, I know, but this is what happens once baseball comes back.

So what’s been going on? Not much really. Emily and I spent Easter weekend with my folks. It was interesting but wouldn’t make a particularly compelling blog post. Need proof? Try to get through Emily’s recap without dozing off.

In lieu of a comprehensive play-by-play of everything that’s happened since I last posted, I thought I’d just share a few random thoughts.
  • Watched the beginning of yesterday’s New Yankee Stadium opener on the interweb. The Stadium looks amazing… the Yankees’ bullpen did not. Hopefully by the time I can scrap together enough sheckles to afford a nose-bleed seat, they’ll have the relief situation sorted.
  • I got a kick out of the part of the pre-game ceremony where they introduced some notable pinstriped alumni. There were the expected usuals (Yogi, Whitey Ford, Reggie Jackson) and some rather odd choices (Chili Davis and John Flaherty? Really?)
  • In other sports news… I saw a number of conspiracy theorists yesterday suggest that the Celtics delayed the Kevin Garnett announcement so that it wouldn’t affect ticket sales. Ridiculous… this is Boston; there is no chance a C’s playoff game wouldn’t sell out – Garnett or no.
  • Yesterday we hit the 100-day mark on the wedding countdown and I’m still planning on going through with it. I’m particularly excited about the honeymoon… London > Chipping Campden > Liverpool > Edinburgh.
A quick, eight-song mix of what I’ve been listening to lately…




Track Listing:
  1. Phoeniz – Lisztomania
  2. Jyrojets – Favourite Thing About Jane
  3. Bon Iver – Blood Bank
  4. Modest Mouse – You’re the Good Things
  5. Radiohead – House of Cards
  6. Yeti – Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder
  7. Tokyo Police Club – Your English is Good
  8. The Kills – What New York Used to Be

1 comment: