Monday, March 23, 2009

Key Changes – Mixtape #2

I’ll again remind my readers, I’m no musical savant. I took one music class at Northeastern and that was “Introduction to Jewish Music” (it filled a diversity requirement).

Anyways, key changes, as I understand them, are those oft-used, power-balladesque devices used to prop up a boring song. Intended to provide extra oomph, often they come off as cheesy (I’m looking at you Lionel Richie).

Emily’s take: “a key change makes any song 22 percent better.”



Track Listing:
Here are some of my favorite songs boasting key changes (some cheesy, some just awesome):

  1. Bruce Springsteen – Born To Run
  2. Radiohead – Paranoid Android
  3. The Beatles – And I Love Her
  4. Elvis Costello & The Attractions – Oliver’s Army
  5. The Flaming Lips – Do You Realize??
  6. The Foundations – Build Me Up Buttercup
  7. The Beatles – Penny Lane
  8. Elvis Costello & The Attractions – Accidents Will Happen
  9. The Guess Who – These Eyes
  10. Chicago – You’re The Inspiration

1 comment: